Check out our instructions on installing the Convenience Rollup here. Microsoft has now provided official instructions about how to fix this problem. According to Microsoft, this problem occurs because Windows Update itself needs an update, creating a bit of a catch-22. If the latest updates to Windows Update are installed, the process should work better. It’s a little more cumbersome than it used to be on the latest versions of Windows, but it’s still reasonably straightforward.
- Downloading a .dll file from a website other than the manufacturer or software publisher’s website could result in your computer becoming infected with a virus or malware.
- When a policy first takes effect for a machine or for an individual user of a machine, the registry settings specified as part of the policy are applied to the machine or user settings.
- Whether you have a CD/DVD or USB installation media, WinRE also comes preloaded with it.
- If the individual DLL repair is unsuccessful to solve missing DLL files issue, you can try a startup repair which can restore all Windows DLL files to their original working state.
- It is a program used to create documents and type text in them, and it isn’t necessary for the word processor to have the code for all the functions it runs.
The hacks we recommend below have all been tested on the latest edition of Windows 10, and most will work on older releases, too. Be more sceptical of tools that claim to find and fix Registry errors. These apps usually focus on removing references to applications and resources that have been deleted. They won’t do you any harm, but it’s unlikely that they’ll fix any serious problems, and they almost certainly won’t be able to help you out if you have manually changed a setting you shouldn’t have.
What’s new with the Start menu on Windows 11?
Although we’re largely looking at Windows 10, you’ll find many of the tips and tricks equally applicable to older versions of Windows. If none of the official solutions fixed your problem, we have another solution that’s worked for us in the past. When the service has restarted, you can close Command Prompt and restart Windows into normal mode. Give Windows Update another try and see if your problem has been fixed. This troubleshooter is available on Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11. It is accessible through the Control Panel in all versions of Windows as of March 2022.
In his free time, he explores the world of custom ROMs and kernels. Don’t worry; the above steps take little time; repairing takes a few seconds, so there should be no difficulty while repairing each package in your system. Additionally, updates are easier to
apply to each module without affecting
other parts of the program.
Solution 5. Install Latest Windows 10
In addition, you can perform a startup repair with a DVD or USB Windows installation media. It can help you restore all the Windows DLL files to their working versions. When any software runs on Windows for the first time, it checks for all the necessary files for startup. If a file seems missing or corrupted, you receive an error popup on the screen. Windows will check for updates and install any that are currently pending.